Friday, November 21, 2014

Week #13


This week we focused on the second coming.
We finished section 45 today.
What a great topic!
I enjoyed studying it and preparing a 32 page power point to teach it.
(Yikes, perhaps a little Power Point overload?)

Thankfully, there are so many great resources that pull scriptures
from all the books of doctrine together.  That's so helpful.

I wonder if the second coming will be anything like I imagine.
There is a lot to consider when studying the second coming.

There are many questions I don't know how to answer.

For instance...
"What will doctors and attorneys do in the Millennium if there are no
legal disputes or health problems?"  GREAT QUESTION!!
"What will happen to the babies and disabled people?
Will they return to the earth still as babies or  disabled?"
You all are such great thinkers!  Seriously, you really are.

Obviously I need to study some more this weekend.
How I would love to be the kind of scripture scholar that could
 answer these cool questions easily.

One of the great things I came to understand this week is our responsibility,
as members of the restored gospel, to warn and prepare the world for the Savior's coming.
I also learned that signs of the last days are everywhere.
Remember that signs remind us that God fulfills all of his prophesies and promises.

I liked this week a lot.
I enjoyed what we were studying.
I hope you all enjoyed it as well.

The picture of the book at the top is one of the resources I used this week.
I really love this book!
It's a great book for teenagers, and teachers like me, who enjoy things taught simply,
and with some added humor.  :)  It makes learning fun and exciting.

Next week we will start section 46 and talk about Gifts of the Spirit.
Be thinking about what yours are.  I bet you are becoming aware of some of them.
I know that I am!  You guys are amazing!  I learn so much from you!

Have a wonderful weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment