Friday, October 10, 2014

Week #7


Each week I'm growing to love this class more and more.  
It's such a diverse group.  
This makes it very FUN and very INTERESTING.  
I don't think anyone can debate that we have a lot of personalities to learn from.  
That's really cool!

One thing about seminary, or really any calling in the church,
is the heart's capacity to grow and expand.  
Even when things change, we once again find ourselves in love with the new 
group of people in our lives.
Let's keep that in mind this weekend when some of our wards change. 
The heart really does have a great capacity to grow and expand.  
Things always turn out just fine, in fact, they turn out awesome! 

This week we started off with a nice Conference review.  
I was thrilled that so many of you watched conference!  
What we learned in conference will continue to come up all year.  

At this point in Church History things start to take a bit of a turn.  
Many sections are shadowed by some type of religious persecution in the history. 
 Persecution is not a topic that is foreign to us. 
I thought it was appropriate to focus on dealing with persecution, as well as 
being the source of persecution.   
We may as well, there are certainly times when we are the persecutors in some way.  

This week was interesting.  
I honestly think that conference wore us out.  
I could feel the energy level was lower.  
Maybe this is because of homework, sports, or homecoming preparations- 
but I'm thinking we were all a little spiritually drained.   
Must mean we've been working really hard.  

We ended the week with section 25.  
Section 25, as you recall, was given to Emma Smith.  
Thinking about her reminded me of how much I respect and admire her.  
I think we might need some additional time on this section Monday. 

Elder Neil Anderson spoke on hearing the Prophet's story in our own voice.  
Do you remember that?
Well, that is precisely what we are doing.  
We have Joseph Smith history 1:15-19 down!!  
After some thought today I decided that we SHOULD go ahead and do verse 20!!!  
The other Freshman class has it already!  
Call it competition, or whatever you like, but we just gotta get it! 
So come prepared on Monday to get to work on that final verse.  
I know we can do it, and I am so moved by the spirit whenever we say it.  

We are doing what the Lord has asked us to do!  That makes me happy! 

FYI- I changed the name of the blog title to follow the guidelines that just came out about social media web links for church programs.  It discourages the use of personal names.
Don't worry, I will not post any pictures of our class,
and I have informed President Parker that I have this blog.

Disclosure- This blog is not an official Church-sponsored product.

If you can think of a better name for our title, please tell me!
"Seminary Insights" isn't very creative. :)

See you all on Monday! 

If anyone wants to read up on the General Guidelines here is the link.
https://www.lds.org/pages/online-resources-for-church-callings?cid=vb-internet
    

No comments:

Post a Comment