Friday, September 19, 2014

Week #4


Hey guys!

Every year we have an annual "Parent's Day".  

This is a day where the parents come to seminary and the kids are invited to sleep in.  
I don't know who made this tradition up because it was happening before I started teaching.  
It's like Back-to-School night- except it's Back-to Seminary Morning.  :)

Even though I didn't make it up, I really like it! 

 I am with your AMAZING children EVERY SINGLE DAY before school.  
This is precisely why I come to love them like my own.  
I hear their testimonies and feel honored to tell them how great they are on a daily basis.  
It's fun to meet their awesome parents!  

Plus, it gives teachers an opportunity to share as much information as we can about how great seminary is.  Hopefully you're reading this blog right now because your kids told you that it's available for you, but if not, I can tell you about it on Tuesday.  You also may, or may not know that we have a  calendar that they are to refer to about reading and devotional assignments. 

Parent Night gives me the opportunity to tell you about our class, you the opportunity to ask questions, and all of us the opportunity to feel the spirit before starting our day. 

I hope you can come!  

I realize this might create a bit of a problem with getting kids to school while you're at seminary.  
Please do whatever you need to do that works best for your family.  
If the kids don't have a ride, one option is to bring them with you.  
They are more than welcome to come!
If both parents can't come, maybe one of you can. 
If both parents have scheduling issues, then I completely understand and I would love to meet you another time. 
This day isn't intended to stress you out, I promise.  

Your kids are the highlight of my day.  
Truly, the time I spend with them is precious to me. 
THANK YOU for all that you are personally doing to get them to seminary!
I know it's a family effort.   I also know that it's worth it.   
You have beautiful children!!!!  

I hope to see you on Tuesday, September 23 at 6:55 a.m.!


No comments:

Post a Comment